The Megabore SS27 T series has been designed for workshops who require larger than usual hollow spindle, without going to a large oil country lathe.
* One piece bed, 45° slant bed construction ensures maximum stability and convenient chip disposal.
* Alloy steel spindle with opposed taper roller bearings.
* All gears in the headstock are hardened and precisely ground.
* Infinitely variable speed are commanded by S code.
* Tool change are commanded by T code.
* Auto lubrication system is equipped for headstock, carriage, and cross-slide.
* Precision tapered roller bearings are equipped on the spindle and the quill.
* The quill is heat treated and precisely ground.
* Internal taper of quill to suit MT#6 dead center or live centre.
* Turcite B anti friction material is applied on cross slide and carriage for reduce friction.
* X and Z axis ballscrews are protected by covers to prevent ingress of swarf / chips and coolant.
BED WIDTH : 1145mm (45.07″)
|SS-27 series||SS-27 (TS)||SS-27 (TC)||SS-27 (TY)|
|Swing over bed||700mm 27.5″|
|Swing over cross slide||570mm 22.4″|
|Distance between centers||700mm, 27.5″ 1200mm, 47.2″ 1700mm, 67″ 2200mm, 86.6″2700mm, 106″ 3200mm 126″|
|Spindle bore||Ø130mm (5.19)|
|Spindle motor||22KW (α22/7000i)|
|Controller||FANUC / FAGOR / SIEMENS|